Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Grilled Cake?!

Last Friday was a day of bloops & blunders for me... anything to do with it being Friday the 13th? Hmmmm... had my worst aluminium foil cut (bleeding only stopped after 30 minutes, usually stops in 5-10 minutes) after I accidently grilled my cupcakes!

Was in the middle of making the next batch of cupcakes, when I smelled a lovely aroma... only problem was the cupcakes had only been in the oven 5 minutes... the aroma was 10 minutes too early!

Ran to the oven and saw that my grill button was pressed in (you won't get this problem with higher end ovens) so turned it off, put on some foil and continued to bake the cupcakes and this is the result:


Tasted normal but looked abnormal so made an extra batch of cupcakes for my customer. Luckily I still had time to do it!


Looking back, it's quite funny :) See the lopsided crust on the cake.


All dolled up for a family treat!
That's the silver lining on this cloud! When you get lemons, make lemonade...



No comments:

Post a Comment