Sunday, December 12, 2010

Different Designs for Different Folks


Here's a sample box that I did for one of my customers to explain a few of the different designs that can be done for cupcakes:
Top left - flat buttercream swirl with 2D fondant heart and mini heart sprinkles
Top right - tall buttercream swirl with handpainted embossed 3D fondant butterfly
Middle left - flat buttercream swirl with 2D fondant daisy
Middle right - tall buttercream swirl with 3D fondant flower
Bottom left - flat buttercream swirl with buttercream swirl rose and silver spinkles
Bottom right - flat buttercream swirl with 2D butterfly and colourful sprinkles

This is to help with the understanding of what 2D / 3D is, sprinkles and the different swirls for buttercream. The sky's the limit when it comes to what design can be done! So, to make it more meaningful, it's nice to personalise the design to the event or the person(s) involved. As such, I really appreciate it when my customers give me as much info as possible in order for me to come up with more choices of design ideas.

Some things to think about are:
1. Venue environment (aircon, windy, hot etc)
2. Number of people
3. Theme / Favourite colours
4. Preferred style - romantic, modern, simple, ornate, girly, masculine etc
5. Likes - flower, hobby, show, cartoon etc

Then just drop me an email and I'll be happy to share some design options and prices with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment